[MlMt] Question on different pasteboard contents at drag'n'drop

Florian Heidenreich fheidenreich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 05:23:17 EST 2019

Hi,

I’m often keeping track of specific conversations by creating a link
to a specific email in another program by dragging the email to this
program.

This often works as expected and creates a message://%3c… link in the
other program. But about the same time, it doesn’t work as expected
and I always thought, it has something to do with the target program.
However, I’ve finally took the time to inspect the „Drag
Clipboard“ contents using the
[ClipboardViewer](https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/samplecode/ClipboardViewer/Introduction/Intro.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40008825-Intro-DontLinkElementID_2)
example app from Apple.

For some emails MailMate creates items like

- public.url-name
- 'urln'
- public.utf8-plain-text
- NSStringPboardType

but for others it doesn’t. Unfortunately, I don’t see the pattern.

Can anyone shed some light into this?

Kind regards
— Florian