[MlMt] Installing gpg2 via homebrew?

Thu Jan 24 07:13:27 EST 2019

On 24 Jan 2019, at 5:15, leo wrote:

> I just switched the MailMate list delivery to digest – and now I get
> in MailMate a complaint about `gpg2` which I do not have installed.

There's a known bug which can make this appear even if you have not
enabled OpenPGP in the Security preferences pane. This might have been
triggered here too.

> The Help pages say I should install it via the GPGTools, but whenever
> possible I try to install command line tools via
> [Homebrew](https://brew.sh/). `brew` lists a gpg2 formula as
> installable – is this save to use for MailMate? Do I have to hint to
> MailMate somehow where the tool is installed?

I believe it works, but currently you have to symlink the path MailMate
expects to find `gpg2` (`/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin/gpg2`). Some day I'll
make this more flexible.