[MlMt] Scripting EagleFiler Archiving

Mon Jan 21 09:13:48 EST 2019

On 18 Jan 2019, at 9:53, Rick Cogley wrote:

>> It's not a feature of the EagleFiler bundle, but you are welcome to
>> look into what it would require to support it.
>
> Benny, hi - I find that the current script just opens the "top most"
> library FYI. It’s good to specify though, in case you’re using EF
> for various things and don’t want to have a bunch of mail suddenly
> appear in a library where it’s not wanted. I made a gist with what I
> think might work.
>
> https://gist.github.com/RickCogley/2ee550fe42331f66357776bd9f1e30b1
>
> Sorry to be thick, but how do I test it?

Here's how to make changes to a default bundle:
https://github.com/mailmate/mailmate_manual/wiki/Bundles#customizing-a-default-bundle

Ideally, you would fork it and send me a pull request, but it's ok if
you need me to do the changes based on whatever you get to work (just
send me the resulting bundle).

> Also, since this entails specifying a path that would be different
> person to person, then can we store the path in say, a `defaults
> write` or something?

The user path is not needed. You can use `${HOME}` in the script instead
of the hardcoded path. But you could still use `defaults write/read` to
save/load the library name. [The Calendar
bundle](https://github.com/mailmate/calendar.mmbundle) does something
like that although it takes advantage of Calendar being able to return a
set of available calendars (I don't know if EagleFiler can do something
like that). Alternatively, a simple text field can be used like (I
think) the Todoist bundle does to get a token value.