[MlMt] Messages not showing up (but being counted)

Fri Jan 18 10:17:09 EST 2019

On 17 Jan 2019, at 17:49, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> The folder I normally keep open is a smart folder: it shows recent
> unread
> messages from my Inboxes (i have too many, but that's another story)
> and
> several other folders. Sometimes, mail is sent to those folders
> server-side;
> for others, a MailMate rule is used. The problem is that for (at
> least) one
> folder in that latter category, new messages do not show up in the
> display.
> Oddly, though, they do show up in the unread count for the smart
> folder.
> Any ideas? I'm running 6134, and I've tried making the folder in
> question
> "connected"; it hasn't helped.

Send me the following file off list and leet me know which mailbox is
not showing the emails:

     ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist

The fact that you do see the message(s) in another mailbox makes me
think that some filtering might be enabled on the problematic mailbox.

It could also be a bug which currently exists when using “Include
messages in any submailbox of this mailbox” on a non-empty IMAP
mailbox.