[MlMt] Messages not showing up (but being counted)

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Jan 17 11:49:53 EST 2019

The folder I normally keep open is a smart folder: it shows recent unread
messages from my Inboxes (i have too many, but that's another story) and
several other folders. Sometimes, mail is sent to those folders server-side;
for others, a MailMate rule is used. The problem is that for (at least) one
folder in that latter category, new messages do not show up in the display.
Oddly, though, they do show up in the unread count for the smart folder.
Any ideas? I'm running 6134, and I've tried making the folder in question
"connected"; it hasn't helped.