[MlMt] JMAP support

Mike Brasch mikebrasch at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 14 11:48:57 EST 2019

On 11 Jan 2019, at 22:14, davecc0000 wrote:

>> On Jan 11, 2019, at 12:10 PM, Sam Hathaway
>> <list.mailmate at munkynet.org> wrote:
>>
>> If coordinated right, it would centralize the thankless work of
>> kludging around nonstandard, broken IMAP server implementations.
>> Imagine if, instead of each MUA author having to develop, test, and
>> maintain dozens of ugly hacks, they were collaborating to improve a
>> single JMAP proxy codebase that all could use.

I use DavMail to use MailMate with the Exchange of my work. This works
very good. And in contrast to Exchange-IMAP this way I can use Tagging
as DavMail translates between Exchange categories ans IMAP keywords.

Sometimes it is (much) better to use a tool like DavMail than to work
you don't like. :)

I know this is a little different than a JMAP-IMAP-Proxy. But nothing
gets better if you stick to the same thing forever. We all know, that
IMAP has problems. Either "we" do the step to a protocol like JMAP or
someone else will create facts. Has there been a greater chance of
switching to a non-proprietary mail protocol?

I'd be willing to take the step – ok, maybe it's easy to say as an end
user. :)

--
With kind regards
Mike