[MlMt] Purge cache?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Jan 8 23:34:52 EST 2019

On 8 Jan 2019, at 19:33, Randall Gellens wrote:

> How do I force MailMate to purge cache and refresh a mailbox?

Short answer: see the "Rebuild Database" page in the MailMate Help,
specifically the section on manually resetting the database. This
procedure will give you the option of rebuilding from cached local
messages or re-downloading, and you want the latter. It works for the
whole database, not just one account or mailbox. It is not fast.

Another tactic that I've had success with when MM seems to disagree with
the server on mailbox state is to use the "Edit IMAP Account..."
function in MM to unsubscribe the mailbox, restart MM, and re-subscribe
the mailbox. This is a "wave the dead chicken" method, but it has worked
for me.

> I'm not sure how, but all my mail from the beginning of using MM until
> mid-December got permanently deleted, so I restored my IMAP server
> Inbox from a backup as a new mailbox.  Mailmate sees it but insists it
> is empty.  I can telnet to the IMAP server and SELECT it and I see
> thousands of messages.  I'd like to force Mailmate to refresh its
> cache.

Is it possible that all of those messages got flagged on the server as
deleted? You can make MM display   messages marked as deleted in the
'Delete Behavior' panel of the Viewer pane in Preferences.