[MlMt] Non MM related question about email hosting and web hosting

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Sun Jan 6 14:46:46 EST 2019

On 5 Jan 2019, at 9:57, Bharath M Palavalli wrote:

> - Due to logistical reasons I cannot self-host a box at home. Also, I
> would like to host my email and the static website with two different
> providers as a failsafe.

Another option, with its own advantages and disadvantages, would be to
contract for virtual machine / cloud service from a provider with
suitable Internet connectivity (which should be almost all of them).
You can have a virtual Linux (or other OS) box on which you run a web
server, IMAP server, and SMTP server of your choice, configured however
you like.  The advantage is that you would be completely in control,
able to operate as you wish.  The disadvantage is that you are
completely in control, responsible for configuring the servers.  But
most Linux boxes come with or have easy package installers for several
popular servers, and recipes for various configurations are widely
published.