[MlMt] Group Submailbox peer weeek

Michael Nietzold lists.freron.com at nietzold.com
Thu Feb 21 10:40:35 EST 2019

Von meinem iDingens gesendet...

> On 13 Feb 2019, at 22:41, Michael Nietzold wrote:
>
> i like to make a submailbox for each week in year
>
> where:
> - i create a submailbox
> - i select a date
>
> what i see:
> - i can only select some parts of the Date
>
> You mean you don't have a “Week” option?

Yes. No WeekinYear

> what i expected:
> - it should be a better "custom selector" for Submailbox unique value selector (just now i can only select an message field but not the modifiers
>
> I don't think I understand that.

- In the submailbox settings
- I can for "unique value" drop down and select "other..."
- there I have a list of some values
- I can select them
- but I don't have some kind of editor where I can add some modifiers

for example when:
- I select a date then use a custom format string - or I select the subject and like to have some regex over the subject to group it some crazy other ways

Example: tried sometimes to group my mails by a "[text1] Text2" subject and get only crazy solutions. Later I found there is a "blob"  (formatted as ${subject.blob} in mailbox format)

> - i see an manual section for the modifiers available in the "Mailbox Name Format"
>
> Yes, that would be nice. To some extent, you can derive it from the “Headers” popup. For example if “From ▸ Address” exists then so does from.address, but it's not always like this. So-called virtual headers are prefixed with # or ##. One (primitive) way to see this is to create a mailbox condition and then look here:
>
> ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist
Should be nice to have an editor for this or a manual section describing the possibility (strformat or regex or some JavaScript?)

> - take a format string to format the date like "yyyy-ww" to get it formatted
>
> I guess I could somehow make it possible to provide a strftime-style format string for dates. I'll give it some thought.

Thx