[MlMt] Broken conversations if first message is missing

Thu Aug 1 02:28:04 EDT 2019

On 29 Jul 2019, at 16:44, Alexandru Nedelcu wrote:

> I receive notifications from GitHub on my email and when the first
> message of a thread is missing (like when I'm the one opening some
> issue), then Mailmate does not group the messages in that thread.

MailMate uses very strict threading showing only parent-child
relationships. In this case the parent (of all messages) is missing and
MailMate currently has no way to show siblings without a parent.

> [...]
> Anything that can be done to make the conversation grouping more
> aggressive?

No, this requires that I make (major) changes to MailMate. It has
probably been on the todo since day 1 of MailMate and although I did
make some progress on this issue some time ago I've had to postpone it.
In other words, don't expect it soon.