[MlMt] “Notarized” test release of MailMate

Fri Apr 5 09:31:33 EDT 2019

On 1 Apr 2019, at 16:46, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> On 1 Apr 2019, at 8:35, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> I realized that this support is done using AppleScript. The Calendar
>> entitlement isn't really needed and I've removed it. But the Calendar
>> bundle should still work.
>
> So, having just (finally) upgraded to Mojave, I wasn't really paying
> attention to this thread.  Is there anything I need to worry about?
> MM seems to be working fine; it already has access to my contacts, and
> I granted it access to Applescript when it asked (running the Export
> bundle).

I'm not quite sure what you mean with “worry about”, but with
respect to notarization then it just means that MailMate is a bit more
safe to use. There are now more things MailMate explicitly *cannot* do
— instead of it just being things MailMate doesn't *intend* to be able
to do.

This thread was just me notifying users about the change in case it had
any unexpected side-effects.