[MlMt] Finger slip deleted a mailbox - how recover?

Mon Apr 1 08:33:46 EDT 2019

On 27 Mar 2019, at 10:23, Marc ARC wrote:

>> But I do accept the premise that the consequences of an unintentional
>> move can be a big problem. I think it might be best if I simply added
>> some kind of “are you sure” warning when moving IMAP mailboxes.
>> Naturally, that should include an option to suppress it. Something
>> similar already exists for deleting IMAP mailboxes.
>
> What about this alternatives ?
>
> - when somebody wants to drag a message “ to move please hold alt
>> Or
> - when somebody wants to drag a message “ to move please activate
> blabla “
> - “Enable edit mode for mailboxes” which could sit in the menu and
> desactivates it self after xx minutes

I could perhaps imagine an edit mode, but I don't think automatic
deactivation would work well.

The more I think about it, I think a warning is the best way to go.
It'll solve the problem of accidental moves and it'll give me an
opportunity to warn about the consequences of moving mailboxes. I don't
think most users realize how inefficiently this is handled when using
multiple email clients configured with the same IMAP account (a recent
[RFC](https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8474) tries to solve this problem,
but that'll only be a theoretical solution for the foreseeable future).