[MlMt] mailbox in a read-only state

Mark Allman mallman at icir.org
Wed Sep 26 20:50:22 EDT 2018

Today I started getting a dialog box in MailMate (latest version)
that says:

>> MailMate encountered the following error: “Mailbox is in a “read
>> only” state.”. Mailbox: “Mail/Sent Messages”.

I hit "try later" a number of times, but seemingly writing to the
"Sent Messages" folder always seems to fail.  I popped over to the
IMAP server [*] and looked at the "Mail/Sent Messages" file and it
is writable by me.  What does this mean and how can I change the
state of this mailbox?  Ideas?

  [*] I don't have direct access to the IMAP server, actually.  But,
      I have access to a machine that shares the filesystem with the
      IMAP server.  So, I can see the permissions on the files.

Many thanks!

allman