[MlMt] More MailMate woes

Fri Sep 21 10:06:21 EDT 2018

On 21 Sep 2018, at 15:40, Randall Meadows wrote:

> OK, I can live with the errant few messages going to my Spam mailbox;
> I can deal with that.  But the yellow banner thing is REALLY annoying
> me.  I really don't think I've changed anything in my MM settings
> recently, but regardless, I can't now find a permutation of the
> settings that gets me back to the behavior I had just a few days ago,
> which was that most messages did NOT have this banner, their content
> was fully loaded and displayed.  Now, I have to click on "Mark as Not
> Junk" for nearly EVERY message, including those types of messages and
> from senders that I've been receiving from for YEARS and did not have
> to do this.

Your SpamSieve drone probably also marked the emails explicitly as
“Not Junk” and this would trigger MailMate to not show the banner
(with the default settings). (There's also a SpamSieve setting in
MailMate to do this for emails below a certain score.)

The simple solution is to disable image blocking in Security preferences
pane. (It'll still be enabled for emails in the Junk folder.)

(A more advanced solution would require a smart mailbox which could be
used in the image blocking settings. It could, e.g., include all emails
which have a From address which is not present in any recipient header
in your sent messages.)