[MlMt] Copying a message

Sat Oct 27 04:09:49 EDT 2018

On 27 Oct 2018, at 4:21, Michael Hucka wrote:

> I sometimes want to copy a message and paste it into another
> application (usually OmniOutliner, sometimes a plain-text document) --
> basically something similar to what you might expect if you typed
> command-c when a message is selected in the message list and content
> was copied to the clipboard so that it can be pasted elsewhere.  I'd
> like to get both the basic headers (from, to, subject, date) and the
> body, preferring plain-text formatting.  There doesn't seem to be a
> built-in MailMate command to do this, unless I'm just overlooking
> something really obvious.  Is there a way?  Failing that, has anyone
> implemented anything like this already, perhaps in the form of a
> bundle?  I looked through https://github.com/mailmate but nothing
> looks like like it would do it.

No, I don't think anything like this exists, but it could probably be
done using a bundle command (using the `canonical` input type) which is
described [as
follows](https://github.com/mailmate/mailmate_manual/wiki/Bundles):
“This is equivalent to the text displayed in MailMate when using the
“Prefer Plain Text” option. It is, most often, based on the
`text/plain` MIME part. The text is decoded (quoted-printable/base64),
deflowed (`format=flowed`), and converted to UTF-8.”