[MlMt] SPAM on iPhone

Vlad Ghitulescu Vlad at Ghitulescu.de
Thu Oct 4 10:22:42 EDT 2018

On 4 Oct 2018, at 12:00, Philip Paeps wrote:

> On 2018-10-04 11:09:26 (+0200), Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:
>> I let my iMac and MailMate always running in order to get the SPAM
>> filtered (with SpamSieve).
>>
>> However lately I begun receiving SPAM on my iPhone.
>> As soon as I returned home I checked the iMac and MailMate, but
>> everything seemed ok. The SPAM-emails were also filtered as SPAM
>> immediately (but were there for a second!).
>>
>> I couldn’t find anything so I would be very happy if you could give
>> me an advice.
>
> You'll never be able to guarantee that MailMate will see the email
> (and be able to filter it) before your iPhone sees it.  There will
> always be a race window.

I understand.
Funny / Strange: That didn't happened before! Same ISP, same hardware,
still MailMate.

> The only way to make this work reliably is to filter serverside.

I didn't think seriously about this because I didn't have the problem
and SpamSieve was more than enough… but now I should probably
reconsider.
How does this work?
Is this something that my ISP / domain-provider has to switch on or is
it something I should install server-side?

Regards,
Vlad