[MlMt] Probable New User with POP Question

Jack Stewart jacks at amug.org
Fri Nov 23 02:51:58 EST 2018

Hi,

I have been using email for many, many years but always with the
same client app which only handles POP - no IMAP capability. I
have about 100,000 emails archived over the years in 6 different
POP email accounts and 500 mail boxes, which I want to retain.
The accounts can be changed from POP to IMAP.

I'm liking most of what I have read about Mailmate and want to
use it but I am completely inexperienced with IMAP, have no good
friends who use it, and am wondering:
     1) What transition problems from POP to IMAP will I encounter?
     2) What is not to like about IMAP compared to POP?

Sounds simplistic I know, but I do not want to risk regretting
the change and the Mailmate manual says nothing about POP or
transitioning from it. (e.g. Will I be able to easily retain my
existing 500 mailboxes with their present contents?)

I Would very much appreciate any references, thoughts or comments.

Thanks in advance,

Jack