[MlMt] Feature request: "Reset/Delete 'High Priority' Flag"

Fri Nov 16 10:05:06 EST 2018

On 14 Nov 2018, at 21:05, TJ Luoma wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:03 AM Eric Sharakan <esharakan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Isn't the solution for TJ as simple as having a dedicated header
>> column
>> for priority, separate from "flag"?  So you don't "turn off" the
>> priority setting, you just choose not to display it.
>
> Oh, that's a very good idea. If I never have to see the "High
> Priority" flag, then I don't care how often it gets misused, but I
> still want to be able to use IMAP flags (and MailMate flags, ideally.)
> And it solves the problem that Bill identified about IMAP not changing
> headers.
>
> A separate column for it would be great, if Benny agrees.

I think I got the current behavior from Apple Mail (just like the unread
dot can hide reply/forward symbols). I know some users rely heavily on
the priority flag (usually because it has some kind of accepted meaning
within an organization). I'll note to look into separating them. If
anyone has any objections then this is the time to share them :)

And if anyone should think otherwise: I personally ignore
priority-flags.