[MlMt] PSA: Mobile app that's compatible with many MailMate features.

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Wed Nov 14 15:45:36 EST 2018

Hi all,

My apologies for those who already know this, but, last night I stumbled
across an iOS app that matches many of MailMate's features, but,
obviously, works mobile.

MailMate is absolutely the only email client for me at my desktop, but,
there are things I sometimes must do on my iPhone or iPad that are
tricky to do with the standard Mail.app client there.

The client I found:

https://preside.io

Now, the UI may not appeal to all, but, it is incredibly flexible, with
a huge array of configuration options to suit many needs.

For me, the highlight was:  It works seamlessly with MailMate IMAP tags
(as stored on FastMail, at least).

There are all sorts of things like Smart Folders, integration with
helper apps, quick filtering, configurable buttons, its own S/MIME
certificate management, and so on.

Just wanted to share this as I figured others in this community may be
interested.  Preside very much feels like a "power user" mail app, just
as I see MailMate to be.

Mobile will not be replacing desktop for me anytime soon - but to at
least be able to access many of the power features MailMate has enabled
for me over the years whilst mobile was a huge win.

Regards,

Scott