[MlMt] G Suite/Gmail namespace

Fri May 18 04:14:40 EDT 2018

On 12 May 2018, at 7:59, Angelo Machils wrote:

> I have a G Suite and an old Gmail account and I would see all the
> folders (well, labels) in one row in the sources list (so not some
> folders as subfolders from either [Gmail] or [Google Mail]). I have
> looked at https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences, the IMAP
> namespaces section and entered “namespaceResponse = "((\"[Google
> Mail]\" \"/\")) NIL NIL”;” in the sources.plist and now all the
> folders are neatly in a single column, but it still shows the [Google
> Mail] as a folder in the list. Usually, with other clients, if one
> configures the IMAP namespace, the namespace itself disappears in the
> list.

I don't think it's technically a namespace, but the above still works. I
think it'll hide anything outside the “[Google Mail]” folder.

> Anyone any idea how I should configure it correctly in MM?

It's probably because “[Google Mail]” is also an actual folder. I
would suggest using “Edit Subscriptions” in the IMAP account editor
to unsubscribe it (maybe just client-side).