[MlMt] Outlook style reply styling

Wed May 9 09:22:03 EDT 2018

On 26 Apr 2018, at 20:54, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> **Benny**, is it possible to have user-defined themes, or do we still
> need to add them into the app?

You can put them in your own bundle. The default themes are just within
a bundle distributed with MailMate. More about bundles
[here](https://github.com/mailmate/mailmate_manual/wiki/Bundles). I
usually warn that it can be very hard to know how things are going to
look in the recipient email clients. It is best if you are so fortunate
that you have access to Litmus or a similar service.

> If not, you look at
> `/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/MailMate.mmBundle/Themes`
> and add your own file there with a new UID, then it will show up in
> the Composer preferences.  You'll need to replace it each time you
> update the app.

This can be avoided by creating a new bundle and putting it here:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Bundles/

> My biggest issue in dealing with Outlook is that occasionally people
> try to get _around_ the top comment model and edit inline,

It's like they realize how convenient in-between replying is and then
ends up doing it in a way which makes it very hard for an email client
to figure out what's going on. (I wonder how well this works in email
clients which can hide quoted text.)

> and when they do, they mark their comments as theirs by *coloring*
> them (and putting their initials on them). That's easy enough to read
> (although they have to put something at the top saying "please see my
> comments inline" or nobody looks for them), but because I can't edit
> the HTML, I can't do the same thing in reply. So I tend to top-comment
> with a little macro to quote things.
>
> ❝ _I assume that to do this I would need to customize the reply
> styling_ ❞
>
> Like that. Bleh.

Yeah, this one is very hard to work around in MailMate.