[MlMt] Two accounts, similar recipient, account suggestion order

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Sat Mar 24 14:23:30 EDT 2018

On 23 Mar 2018, at 16:42, Andrew V. Jones wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two accounts setup in MailMate (call them "A" and "B") and I
> email a contact with the same name from the different accounts (call
> them "C1" and "C2").
>
> I email C1 only from A, and C2 only from B, however, they both have
> the same display name (e.g., "Andrew Jones").
>
> The problem here is that, because they both have the same name, if I
> type in "Andrew Jones" and just auto-select, then MailMate selects the
> most recently emailed contact, irrespective as to which account I am
> currently in.
>
> Is there anything that can be configured to work around this? It is
> embarrassing how many times I sent the wrong stuff to C1/C2 because of
> my "trust" in autocomplete!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew

I have a similar situation but I do not seem to have the same problem. I
sent emails to my wife to her different addresses. She has like five of
them and I have like a dozen of my accounts in MM. When I type the first
two letter of her first name, I get a popup with various versions of all
her email addresses and can pick the one that is suitable for a given
email. Usually, it also auto-picks the correct sender address, that is
the last address used for the recipient address. I mean it always
auto-picks one of my addresses. I say usually because once a while MM
seems to get confused and forgets the correct associations.

Robert