[MlMt] Mailmate changing dates

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu Mar 22 14:43:44 EDT 2018

On 22 Mar 2018, at 13:53, Enrico Thierbach wrote:

> Hi lists, hi Benny,
>
> I just had an understandable, but unexpectedly weird behaviour.
>
> If I send out a markdown email with
>
>     - 4. 4. 2018
>     - 5. 4. 2018
>
> (some) recipients receive
>
>     - 1. 4. 2018
>     - 2. 4. 2018
>
> This is in accordance with Markdown, but is of course surprising. I
> think Mailmate could do quite well without auto-numbering list
> entries.

I can't reproduce this, since those lines generate an unordered list for
me, with the first numbers as literals in the content of the <li> tags.
However, I'm fairly sure that MailMate isn't auto-numbering list
entries. The evidence for this is that only "some" recipients see the
wrong numbers. When MM generates an HTML ordered list from Markdown, it
uses a "value" attribute in each <li> tag to set the label. It *may* be
that the minor error in that HTML (no double-quotes, i.e. '<li value=4>'
instead of '<li value="4">') is confusing some mail clients, causing
them to ignore all the value attributes.