[MlMt] Changing the quoted line character.

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Fri Mar 16 19:23:34 EDT 2018

Hi,

I was certain this was discussed in the past, but, I couldn't find it in
the mail archives anywhere, nor the hidden preferences.

One of the (infinite) infuriating things about Outlook seems to be that
when it receives email where quoted lines in replies are prefaced with
">" it will effectively ignore the characters and only create a mild
indentation on the screen of the unfortunate Outlook user.

Is there a way to change this in MailMate so that some other
symbol/character is used?  I think that the HTML composer uses something
that looks like a |, which would probably be okay.

In manual testing, Outlook actually displayed that character, which is
good.

As it is, when I reply to emails that end up with Outlook users, they
look like this on the Outlook side:

---
On 17 March 2018, at 1001, ! Test Mail box wrote:

> Testing back and forth.
>
> Are we ready to go?

Looking good...Maybe.
---

Just wondering what the best way is of maintaining proper inline
quotation, which renders sanely.

Thanks,

Scott