[MlMt] Ghost messages in message list pane

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 18:08:22 EDT 2018

On 14 Mar 2018, at 10:02, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 9 Mar 2018, at 16:24, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>
>> On 9 Mar 2018, at 4:25, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>>
>>> You can enable the “Source Mailbox” column in the message list
>>> to make sure you know where the message is really located. There's 1
>>> known issue which could be related to this, but you are welcome to
>>> describe an order of events to recreate it if possible. I'll then
>>> test that as well when fixing the other issue.
>>
>> I see this constantly -- I always thought it was a feature, since it
>> let you see again the last message you had viewed...
>
> There is *some* intentional behavior, but certainly not all of it.
> Some of the problems might be related to MailMate trying to *not*
> remove a message from the currently displayed mailbox too quickly. For
> example, if you mark a message as read in the “Unread” mailbox. In
> this case, most users expect it to not be removed before selecting
> another mailbox.
>
> --
> Benny

Yeah, that makes sense.  What I originally reported was different, but
perhaps related: I switched from one mailbox to another, and some
messages seemingly come along for the ride, appearing (completely
inappropriately) in the new mailbox.  I suspect it has something to do
with switching from one smart mailbox to another.

Maybe it is related to what you said: I change the state of a message
such that it no longer belongs in the smart mailbox I'm in but (as you
said) it stays there until I switch.  Could that logic be causing such a
message to be incorrectly shown even after I switch mailboxes?

-Eric