[MlMt] Ghost messages in message list pane

Wed Mar 14 10:02:20 EDT 2018

On 9 Mar 2018, at 16:24, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> On 9 Mar 2018, at 4:25, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> You can enable the “Source Mailbox” column in the message list to
>> make sure you know where the message is really located. There's 1
>> known issue which could be related to this, but you are welcome to
>> describe an order of events to recreate it if possible. I'll then
>> test that as well when fixing the other issue.
>
> I see this constantly -- I always thought it was a feature, since it
> let you see again the last message you had viewed...

There is *some* intentional behavior, but certainly not all of it. Some
of the problems might be related to MailMate trying to *not* remove a
message from the currently displayed mailbox too quickly. For example,
if you mark a message as read in the “Unread” mailbox. In this case,
most users expect it to not be removed before selecting another mailbox.