[MlMt] Unique submailboxes based on regular expression

Florian Heidenreich fheidenreich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 07:16:19 EST 2018

Hi,

I’m trying to create a smart mailbox with submailboxes for each result
of a regular expression on the mail subject. I’m using a regexp format
string [1] for the mailbox name format which works and produces the
correct names.

However, it seems not possible to make the submailboxes unique in the
sense, that mails are grouped into one submailbox if the regexp produces
the same result.

As an example, I’m using this Mailbox name format:

`${subject.body/\[(.*?)\].*/$1/}`

All mails where the subject starts with `[Bug Reports]` should appear in
the `Bug Reports` submailbox. Instead, one `Bug Reports` submailbox is
created for each mail.

Is there a way to create unique submailboxes based on regular
expressions?

Kind regards
— Florian

[1] https://manual.mailmate-app.com/format_string_syntax