[MlMt] Strategy for keeping MailMate sync'ed between multiple computers?

Mike Hucka mhucka at caltech.edu
Sat Jun 23 12:01:34 EDT 2018

Most of the time I sit in front of a desktop Mac, but I need to keep a
laptop ready for meetings and travel.  I have a scheme for organizing
files that allows me to keep the laptop running most essential apps that
have their own synchronization schemes (e.g., DEVONthink), and then when
necessary, I rsync other working files and directories 15 minutes before
having to pick up the laptop and go.  However, while simply keeping
MailMate running on both machines synchronizes local mail content,
things like preferences and rules are not sync'ed between the machines.
Currently I have to have to remember to rsync ~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate if I know I've made changes to one or the other
machine, but it's too easy to forget.

Does anyone have any better way to keep MailMate preferences and support
files sync'ed between multiple machines?

(Note: please let's not derail the conversation into other topics like
the virtues of Dropbox or other sync'ing software over rsync, or why I'm
doing things this way.  I'm just looking for a better scheme to sync
MailMate :-).)

Best regards,
MH