[MlMt] Delete/change email address for auto-complete list? Or a warn list?

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Tue Jun 5 19:19:01 EDT 2018

On 5 Jun 2018, at 4:23, David Shepherdson wrote:

> On 5 Jun 2018, at 09.39, Randall Gellens wrote:
>
>> I've tried to get the syntax right, but it doesn't work for me.  As a
>> test, I created a rule in the global Drafts mailbox that checks if
>> any address contains either of the first two addresses I know are no
>> longer good, and if so, plays a sound (since the mailbox rule
>> facility doesn't have an action to display a message).  That works.
>> I tried to find the file that has this rule in it so I can copy the
>> syntax, but I can't find it.  I've used grep and other search tools
>> to find all files under ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate that
>> ends in .plist and has the first known bad address in it, but the
>> only file that shows up is the messageVerifications.plist I'm trying
>> to get right.
>
> I would expect it to be in the Mailboxes.plist (that’s where the
> definitions of smart folders appear for me). From a quick glance at
> mine, the field to look at for the condition syntax is labelled
> 'filter' in there -- this corresponds to the 'Conditions' tab in the
> smart mailbox editor.
>

>> Here's the syntax I'm using:
>>
>>     {
>>     verifications = (
>>         {
>>             title      = "Sending to Bad Address";
>>             details    = "Looks like this message has a known-bad
>> address as one of the recipients. Are you sure you want to send it?";
>>             conditions = {
>>             compound  = "Any";
>>             condition = "#recipient.address = 'address1 at example1'";
>>             condition = "#recipient.address = 'address2 at example2'";
>>                          }
>>         }
>>     );
>>     }
>
> Comparing that with my messageVerifications.plist file (which is
> working for me!) and the example in the MailMate manual, I think what
> you have for ‘conditions’ might be too complex… I think it is
> just supposed to be a single string, rather than a nested structure,
> so to represent the two conditions in your case I think you’d have
> to put something like:
>
>     conditions = "(#recipient.address = 'address1 at example1' or
> #recipient.address = 'address2 at example2')";

Thank you.  I found the filter rule I had created for the global Drafts
smart mailbox in the Mailboxes.plist file (no idea why it didn't show up
when grepping or using search utilities) and simply copied the string,
replacing "filter" with "conditions" as you said, and now it works.
Thanks again, I appreciate it.

--Randall