[MlMt] Delete/change email address for auto-complete list? Or a warn list?

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Mon Jun 4 19:39:13 EDT 2018

On 1 Jun 2018, at 19:29, David Shepherdson wrote:

> On 31 May 2018, at 12.04, Randall Gellens wrote:
>
>> (2) Is there a way to create a warn list of emails that don't work,
>> and if MM ever finds one of these addresses in a composition address
>> list, it should warn me?
>
> Could you use the ‘message verifications’ feature for this?
>
> <https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences#custom-message-verifications>
>
> This is pretty flexible (as you might expect for MailMate), so I’m
> pretty sure you could set it up to warn you when you try to send a
> message where one of these addresses is a recipient.
>
> I think the suggestion in the past has been to set up a rule or smart
> folder that matches the condition you want, then copy from that (so
> you don’t have to work out the exact syntax to put in the plist file
> yourself).
>
> From a quick look, I’d say something along these lines would
> probably work for your case:
>
>     {
>         verifications = (
>             {
>                 title = "Sending to Bad Address";
>                 details = "Looks like this message has a known-bad
> address as one of the recipients. Are you sure you want to send it?";
>                 conditions = "#recipient.address = 'bad at example.com'";
>             }
>         );
>     }
>
> David

This looks to be exactly what I need, thank you!

I've tried to get the syntax right, but it doesn't work for me.  As a
test, I created a rule in the global Drafts mailbox that checks if any
address contains either of the first two addresses I know are no longer
good, and if so, plays a sound (since the mailbox rule facility doesn't
have an action to display a message).  That works.  I tried to find the
file that has this rule in it so I can copy the syntax, but I can't find
it.  I've used grep and other search tools to find all files under
~/Library/Application Support/MailMate that ends in .plist and has the
first known bad address in it, but the only file that shows up is the
messageVerifications.plist I'm trying to get right.

Here's the syntax I'm using:

     {
     verifications = (
         {
             title      = "Sending to Bad Address";
             details    = "Looks like this message has a known-bad
address as one of the recipients. Are you sure you want to send it?";
             conditions = {
             compound  = "Any";
             condition = "#recipient.address = 'address1 at example1'";
             condition = "#recipient.address = 'address2 at example2'";
                          }
         }
     );
     }