[MlMt] access to iCould without 2-factor authentication?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Jul 23 17:50:53 EDT 2018

On 22 Jul 2018, at 17:16, Paula R. T. Coelho wrote:

> ah right. it’s either IMAP, or ATV2 working, not both.
> thanks apple… :-\

Have you tried:

1. Using an app-specific password for the ATV2?

2. Combined password & OTP auth code:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915#passwords-older-software

My ATV3 held on to its authentication through the Apple migration from
2-step to 2-factor, but it also had the added quirk of different
AppleIDs for iCloud and iTunes so maybe that helped it. I have not tried
actually logging out (although it HAS rebooted.)

Good luck!