[MlMt] Is anyone having trouble with using custom identities?

Thu Jul 19 01:58:35 EDT 2018

On 18 Jul 2018, at 19:28, Chaim Kram wrote:

> I’ve tried to use a custom identity a couple of times recently, and
> it hasn’t worked.
> [...]
> Which is *my* real email address. And also becomes the Reply-To
> address. Is it something I’m doing wrong or can anyone replicate
> this? Thanks.

Some SMTP servers rewrite the From header if they do not recognize the
sender address. I don't like this — I think rejecting the email would
be better such that the user is made aware that the SMTP server does not
allow the sender address. I think I've only seen this behavior from
Gmail SMTP servers, but there might be others.

If it's not Gmail then check the email in “Sent Messages” to see if
the sent message contained the wrong address in the From header. In that
case, it might be a MailMate bug somehow.

--
Bennny