[MlMt] Emails Jumping/Changing Order?

Tue Jul 10 10:45:20 EDT 2018

On 10 Jul 2018, at 16:02, pleasespamme at posteo.net wrote:

> I have a mailbox set up for news feeds. My routine is to click on the
> oldest email, and hit the delete key until the folder is empty. As I
> hit the delete key, I see emails jumping around in the viewer and
> changing the order of my emails. There are many emails that arrive at
> the same minute, so I think this confuses MM as to where it should
> display the email in order.

It should follow the order displayed. The date is only taken into
consideration when sorting.

> Sometimes, as I delete, I end up with a handful of unread emails under
> the current location I am deleting from, as if the emails jumped to an
> arrival time before the email I am deleting. Not sure if this makes
> sense, but has anyone noticed this? Is there a fix?

I'm not sure. I can see something like this happen, e.g., if the emails
are threaded and you delete an expanded parent message (which breaks the
thread in two parts), but I think this is mainly a problem if moving
from newest to oldest. In any case, when it happens try using undo to
see if it's reproducible and if you can perhaps see why it happens.
Maybe something can be tweaked or made optional.