[MlMt] Can I uninstall a bundle?

John Rakestraw lists at johnrakestraw.com
Thu Jul 5 10:40:48 EDT 2018

>> I decided to try uninstalling and re-installing the bundle. I removed
>> the bundle from ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Bundles/, but
>> was surprised to find it still listed among the available bundles in
>> MailMate's preferences. I checked both ~/Library/Application
>> Support/MailMate/Managed/Bundles/ and
>> MailMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/, and it's not there
>> either. So it must be stored somewhere else? Or am I just confused?
>
> Check the Bundles preferences pane. Don't manually edit the
> “Managed/Bundles” folder.
>
> Let me know if this does not work.

Thanks for the reply, Benny. I fear I wasn't clear.

But to your question -- it seems that ticking the checkbox in the
Bundles preferences pane has no impact -- the org-mode option shows up
in the Command menu even after I untick that checkbox.

My challenge is that I can't seem to modify the bundle. It's hard-wired
to save to a particular folder. I want to save it to a different folder.
The bundle includes a script that is supposed to change the folder, and
when I execute that script on the command line, I get a response that
suggests that the folder has been changed. But it still saves to the
original folder rather than to the one I prefer.

(I thought I might fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling the bundle
-- that's what led me down the trail of editing folders. I appreciate
your warning not to edit the "Managed/Bundles" folder -- but the bundle
isn't there anyway.)

--John