[MlMt] Strategy for keeping MailMate sync'ed between multiple computers?

Wed Jul 4 05:27:23 EDT 2018

On 23 Jun 2018, at 18:01, Mike Hucka wrote:

> Does anyone have any better way to keep MailMate preferences and
> support files sync'ed between multiple machines?

I don't have a better solution for you, but I would just like to
emphasize that any such system should make sure that MailMate is not
running on the destination machine. Otherwise, the files(s) are just
overwritten by MailMate, but you probably already knew this :)

> (Note: please let's not derail the conversation into other topics like
> the virtues of Dropbox or other sync'ing software over rsync, or why
> I'm doing things this way.  I'm just looking for a better scheme to
> sync MailMate :-).)

Any such system would not ensure that MailMate is not running. A system
using scripts (and `rsync`) would likely be better.