[MlMt] Enhancement request: Right click on URL and launch non-default browser?

Paul Sture mailmt at chingola.ch
Fri Jan 26 05:07:28 EST 2018

I get regular email newsletters containing containing URLs from various
sources.  Some of the websites work better in Firefox (my default
browser), others work better in Safari.

It would be really convenient to be able to right click and select
"Launch in Safari" rather than right clicking, selecting Copy, then
switching to a Safari window, clicking in the URL bar, then pasting and
hitting Return.

A simple left click on a URL should launch the default browser, as it
currently does.

I envisage that others won't have the same setup as me, maybe they have
more than two browsers. That is to say, the idea of one alternate
browser would be sufficient for me, at the moment, but a more
comprehensive enhancement would be the ability to specify "alternative
browser #1", "alternative browser #2" ...

Note that DEVONthink Office sort of, kind of, has a facility like this,
in that you can right click on a link and then select either the default
app for that file type or a selection from all possible apps for that
file type. That however can be very slow, since it goes through the
process of seeing what apps you have on your system that can deal with
that file type.  I am definitely not requesting something as
comprehensive as that, it's too slow and you get offered a myriad of
choices.