[MlMt] Stop an accidental import of messages

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 08:17:39 EST 2018

On 25 Jan 2018, at 9:55, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> It might be too late, but first take the account offline to stop the
> uploading (using “Mailbox ▸ Take Offline”). You can even take a
> subset of mailboxes in an account offline in order to still be able to
> use the Inbox and other standard mailboxes (if you haven't imported
> into these mailboxes).
>
> To get rid of the imported email I suggest selecting them and then
> hold down ⌥ to use “Message ▸ Delete Now”. This prevents
> MailMate from moving the emails to “Deleted Messages”.

I managed to stop it - took it off line and rebooted...

I deleted the mail and emptied the trash and then **carefully** imported
just the files I wanted.

One curious thing hough is that some of them have lost their sent date.

Other than that I'm finding mailmate much more useful than mail.app even
with mailbutler and mailtags and mail act on

Kind regards
Tony