[MlMt] Stop an accidental import of messages

Thu Jan 25 04:55:14 EST 2018

On 22 Jan 2018, at 18:05, Tony Crockford wrote:

Sorry about the late reply! I overlooked the severity of the issue.

> I accidentally hit import before selecting a subfolder of my Mail.app
> (on My Mac) and now *everything is being imported from mail.app

You mean with “File ▸ Import Messages” in MailMate?

> How do I stop the import before it i overhwelms my server and Internet
> connection

There should be a “Stop” button in the import window, but maybe this
import already finished and your problem is that MailMate is now working
on uploading the emails to the server.

It might be too late, but first take the account offline to stop the
uploading (using “Mailbox ▸ Take Offline”). You can even take a
subset of mailboxes in an account offline in order to still be able to
use the Inbox and other standard mailboxes (if you haven't imported into
these mailboxes).

To get rid of the imported email I suggest selecting them and then hold
down ⌥ to use “Message ▸ Delete Now”. This prevents MailMate
from moving the emails to “Deleted Messages”.

It *might* be easier to start over with MailMate by deleting anything
but the `.plist` files in the following folder:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/

That should make MailMate forget the non-uploaded emails. The rest is
re-fetched from the server(s).