[MlMt] Stationery

Thu Jan 25 05:05:42 EST 2018

On 24 Jan 2018, at 18:03, Randall Gellens wrote:

> I think I may have a solution: would it work to compose a message,
> send it to myself, then move it into a mailbox (e.g., named
> “Stationery”), then when I want to send it again, I select that
> mailbox, select the message, and click “Message -> Edit as New
> Message”?

Yes, that would work. You don't need to send it though. You can create a
tag mapped to `\Draft` and use that to remove the drafts state. Then
re-set it if you need to re-edit your stationary/template.

> (There wouldn’t be an easy way to reply with a stock message.)

Low-level, MailMate has a bundle system which actually allows creating
new emails/replies based on the currently selected message. I use it to,
e.g., automatically create a reply when someone asks about a lost
license key. This is complex to do though and the idea is that this
feature should be used to create some kind of Template bundle which
would make it easier for the average user to create and maintain a set
of template messages. I haven't made any progress on that though.