[MlMt] Rules

Mon Jan 22 09:40:38 EST 2018

On 19 Jan 2018, at 4:04, Randall Gellens wrote:

> At 5:20 PM -0800 1/18/18, Randall Gellens wrote:
>
>>  Is there a more detailed manual somewhere?  I can't figure out
>> seemingly basic stuff.  Right now I'm trying to configure rules and I
>> see Conditions, Submailboxes, and Rules.  I'm guessing Submailboxes
>> lets you create default rules for either moving mail or virtual
>> mailboxes, but I haven't tried it.  However, what is the difference
>> between the Conditions section and the conditions created in the
>> Rules section?
>
> Also, what are the various specifiers for rule conditions (e.g.,
> 'Received' has six, one of which has two sub ones)?  I've been picking
> "No Specifier" but would like to what what they are.

One way to play with the specifiers is to use the Statistics layout (see
the “View ▸ Layout” menu).

In general, specifiers are just shortcuts to substrings of headers. In
general, it is more efficient to use a specifier and the “is”
comparison method than it is to *not* use a specifier and the
“contains” comparison method.