[MlMt] Weird behavior creating and seeing mailboxes

Mon Jan 22 09:38:24 EST 2018

On 22 Jan 2018, at 4:01, Randall Gellens wrote:

> I'm using EIMS as my IMAP server.

Based on the homepage it looks a bit like it's been abandoned:
http://www.eudora.co.nz

Also, seems like it doesn't support SSL. Be careful with that if you are
not only running the server locally.

> I created several new IMAP mailboxes at the top level.  Each shows as
> "Untitled-x" where "x" is a digit that increases for each one.  I can
> edit the name, but it doesn't stick, it still shows as "Untitled-x" in
> the list.  Creating a rule to move messages into one, when initially
> picking the mailbox it shows as "Untitled-x" but the first time I save
> and re-edit the rule, the mailbox name shows.  However, after quitting
> and relaunching MailMate, the mailboxes are back to "Untitled-x" in
> the list and in the rules.  Using Eudora, I can refresh the mailbox
> list and the "Untitled-x" ones do not show at all.  They still show in
> MailMate.  If I create new mailboxes using Eudora, they don't show in
> MailMate after a synchronize account, but they do show after quitting
> and relaunching MailMate.

When a new mailbox is created then MailMate often first creates it with
its default name and then shortly after renames it. It sounds like the
renaming part fails.

Try this:

* Open the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0). This enables logging.
* Create a new mailbox and rename it.
* Wait for the spinners to stop for the account/mailbox.
* Use “Help ▸ Send Server Logs”.

Then I can see if something unexpected happens.