[MlMt] Rules

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Sun Jan 21 15:44:59 EST 2018

At 9:50 AM +0100 1/21/18, Fredrik Jonsson wrote:

>  Randall Gellens 2018-01-19 2:20 wrote:
>
>>   However, what is the difference between the Conditions section
>> and the conditions created in the Rules section?
>
>  My recommendation in mot cases is to set up a smart mailbox that
> selects all the mails you are interested in and then in step two
> add rules to that smart mailbox. This way it's easy to make sure
> the rule acts only on the mail you intend.
>
>  I do not think I have a single instant where I use the conditions
> in the rules section, but still nice to know it's an option when
> needed.

Are you saying that you have criteria in the Conditions section to
select messages and then in the Rules section there are no criteria,
just actions, or are you saying that you only have criteria that
define the smart mailbox, and then the rules for that smart mailbox
have no criteria (nothing in the Conditions section and no criteria
in the Rules section)?

--
Randall Gellens