[MlMt] Rules

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Sun Jan 21 03:50:59 EST 2018

Randall Gellens 2018-01-19 2:20 wrote:

> However, what is the difference between the Conditions section and the
> conditions created in the Rules section?

My recommendation in mot cases is to set up a smart mailbox that selects
all the mails you are interested in and then in step two add rules to
that smart mailbox. This way it's easy to make sure the rule acts only
on the mail you intend.

I do not think I have a single instant where I use the conditions in the
rules section, but still nice to know it's an option when needed.

I almost exclusively use smart mailboxes for sorting and have taken to
dump everything in to "Archive" since I moved to MailMate.

Fredrik