[MlMt] This list vs. Ticket website

Mon Feb 26 08:14:00 EST 2018

On 25 Feb 2018, at 23:59, Bill Cole wrote:

> It happens. I think it is on the blurry edge of insanity for one
> person to try to maintain a robust commercial mail client but Benny
> manages it about as well as anyone could.

I like to say that I know many programmers which could do a better job
than me, but they are all very unlikely to actually *want* to do it :-)

> The fact that he's just one guy means that sometimes bug reports don't
> get rapid attention, or at least not rapid response. You'll notice
> that Benny has recently had a burst of responses to oldish queries
> here, so maybe he's back after a break of some sort...

In this case, it was partly because I was refactoring major parts of the
query system of MailMate and I wanted to finish that (MailMate was
unstable during this process), but I do frequently simply stop answering
emails for a few days whenever I'm focused on something specific. It's
not really planned, it kind of just happens.