[MlMt] This list vs. Ticket website

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Feb 25 17:59:55 EST 2018

On 25 Feb 2018, at 16:01, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> In general, is it best to report MM issues here on this list, or at
> https://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672-mailmate/tickets?

It depends on whether the issue is clearly a bug, if it's possibly a
matter of configuration, or if it's maybe a bug that could be worked
around with the right bit of configuration.

Clear bugs like "It crashes every time I do X" should get reported on
the buglist site.
If it's an unexpected behavior or feature gap that a fellow user might
have worked out a way around, that's not really a bug (probably) and
asking here is likely to get more eyes (because as far as I know, only
Benny can do anything about real bugs.)

> I have a few tickets I submitted to the ticketing App about a month
> ago that have not gotten any attention.

It happens. I think it is on the blurry edge of insanity for one person
to try to maintain a robust commercial mail client but Benny manages it
about as well as anyone could. The fact that he's just one guy means
that sometimes bug reports don't get rapid attention, or at least not
rapid response. You'll notice that Benny has recently had a burst of
some sort...

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org