[MlMt] quoted-printable

Tue Feb 20 05:19:56 EST 2018

On 7 Feb 2018, at 18:59, Daniel Torrecillas wrote:

> Sorry, I meant to preface my question with this:
>
> I don't mean to make noise and I absolutely don't want to propose a
> change to the default behavior. **I believe in the designed way and
> it's adherence to the relevant standards.**

Thanks for that :)

> I only looked into this issue when someone that reads my email
> *exclusively* on their iPhone with Mail.app complained about the
> seemingly arbitrary line breaks.

I just tried reviewing some of the emails on this mailing list on my
iPhone and I don't see any arbitrary line breaks. Are you absolutely
sure about this?

> To please them, I would consider composing `quoted-printable` or
> `base64` email only to them, if given the option in MailMate.

Ok, I'll consider a hidden preference to disable format-flowed, but I'd
like you to first investigate the problem a bit more. Maybe something
else triggers the arbitrary line breaks, for example, maybe your
correspondent has an IMAP service which some times rewrites emails.
Perhaps he could do something similar to “Message > Forward as
Attachment”  in order for you to make sure the email hasn't changed in
transmission.