[MlMt] Old email not shown in smart mailboxes

Tue Feb 20 04:49:03 EST 2018

On 6 Feb 2018, at 11:47, Wojciech Ogrodowczyk wrote:

> I wanted to clarify a bit more the case when sending you the file, but
> I realised that the messages disappearing from the smart mailboxes is
> just a symptom. The real issue is that all of those smart mailboxes
> are based on tags and I've just checked that those tags disappear from
> older messages.
>
> Do you have an idea how I could further debug this issue? Whether it
> might be something in MailMate configuration, or rather my email
> provider's (Mailbox.org) fault?

Not all servers have great support for IMAP keywords (which are used for
the implementation of tags). Worst-case they should work locally, but
they won't synchronize to the server.

To debug this then it's best if you can come up with a series of steps
to reproduce one or more problems. Then do the following:

* Open the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0).
* Do the steps needed to reproduce an issue.
* Use “Help ▸ Send Server Logs” -- and tell me what you were
trying to do.

Then I can probably see if MailMate does something unexpected.