[MlMt] Old email not shown in smart mailboxes

Wojciech Ogrodowczyk mailmate at 7tonlnu.pl
Tue Feb 6 05:47:56 EST 2018

>> In the Smart Mailboxes I can only see messages that are more recent
>> done 20-somthing of December 2017. Any messages older than that are
>> not visible.
>>
>> Interesting thing: this behaviour only applies to smart mailboxes
>> that **don't** have any mailboxes nested inside. If I have a Smart
>> Mailbox called Private and there I have a nested Smart Mailbox called
>> Plane Tickets, then I'll only be able to see the recent Plane Ticket
>> messages, but the Private mailbox will show everything, including
>> messages from years ago.
>>
>> It it a bug, feature, or is it just a setting that I'm missing?
>
> I cannot think of a feature/bug which would cause this behavior. Try
> sending me the following file *off list* and tell me for which
> mailboxes you see this issue:

Hi Benny,

Thanks for the answer!

I wanted to clarify a bit more the case when sending you the file, but I
realised that the messages disappearing from the smart mailboxes is just
a symptom. The real issue is that all of those smart mailboxes are based
on tags and I've just checked that those tags disappear from older
messages.

Do you have an idea how I could further debug this issue? Whether it
might be something in MailMate configuration, or rather my email
provider's (Mailbox.org) fault?

Cheers,

--
Wojciech Ogrodowczyk