[MlMt] newbie

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Tue Feb 20 03:21:18 EST 2018

Brad & Michele Worthington 2018-02-20 3:15 wrote:

> The messages don’t arrive with any specific subject lines or from
> address so setting up smart boxes doesn’t seem feasible. I want to
> read them, deal with them and move them to say 2018 a, or March b
> folder for example.

I would suggest:

* Set up tags for each project.
* Set up a smart folder for each project/tag.
* Set up custom keybindings for each project/tag that tag the mail and
archive it.

This way everything arrives in to your inbox. You read the mail and then
press the key(s) you mapped for that project/tag.

This will tag the mail and archive it, removing it from the inbox. When
you are done the inbox is empty and all the mail can be viewed it the
correct project (smart) folder.

If you don't have to many projects you could bind the actions to a
single key of your choice, like this:

     "a" = ( "setTag:", "Aproject", "archive:" );
     "b" = ( "setTag:", "Bproject", "archive:" );
     "c" = ( "setTag:", "Cproject", "archive:" );
     "d" = ( "setTag:", "Dproject", "archive:" );
     "e" = ( "setTag:", "Eproject", "archive:" );

Fredrik