[MlMt] option to automatically jump to first unread message of thread

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 11:25:14 EST 2018

Hi, I often deal with long-running email threads at work.  I have Organize
by Thread enabled for my work Inbox, and as I'm going through my unread
messages in the morning, when I get to an old thread with new
correspondence, I'm taken to the beginning of the thread rather than the
first unread message.  Is there a preference to change that behavior?

I already have a smart mailbox that includes only unread messages, but I
don't like using it, as I prefer to have the option to review previously
read messages in case I need the additional context.  I also know there's a
hotkey I can use to jump to the next unread message, but was just wondering
if perhaps there was a preference to make that be the default behavior.

Thanks.

-Eric